Digital Kids' Zone 2021: Science Competition
A science competition has been organized for the students of classes 6th to 10th. It is an opportunity to identify and demonstrate several scientific phenomena occurring in our daily lives.
Each participant can submit a video explaining a scientific phenomenon they observe around them.
The video, as well as sketch, can be prepared for:
- Any experimental model explaining the working of simple scientific phenomena
- Any observation-based study on biological processes occurring in plants and animals
- Any observation-based study on stars and constellations.
Guidelines for the Competition:
- It is mandatory to use the components only from the table given below to construct a model.
- For video recording, using a mobile phone camera is sufficient.
- Models reproduced from YouTube or web-platform will not be considered for the competition.
- Video Competition:
- Video Duration: < 3 minutes
- Acceptable video formats: .mp4/.avi
- Maximum Permissible Size: 10 MB
- A maximum of one video of an experiment can be submitted.
- The video can be submitted on or before 25th September 2021.
- The video should be named as the contestant name.
For example, if the contestant named “XYZ” is submitting a video. Then the video should be named “XYZ.mp4” or “XYZ.avi“.
- Last date for video submission is over. We are not accepting any more responses.
Lists of items to be used for Experiment
Awards and appreciation policy:
Out of the total contribution, 10 students will be chosen as the winners. Winners will be given certificates and be awarded exciting prizes too!
The video submitted by each participant has been thoroughly examined against the following criteria:
- Use of enlisted household material in the fabrication
- Max permissible time duration of 3 minutes.
- Novelty in experimental design
- Effective presentation to show the outcomes of an experiment and the details of elements used.
- Careful use of the scientific terms while explaining the experiment
- Minimal need for the pre-requisite knowledge to understand the video
- Normal speech rate
- Conclusive remark
The winners will be communicated within a week through e-mail communication.