- To plan, design, and develop various experimental demonstrations based on topics ranging from Grade 6 to 12
- To ensure conceptually error-free, easily understandable content for kids.
- To make all the developed content easily accessible to all the kids of rural India.
Activities so far:
- Successfully created more than 30 videos explaining and demonstrating various topics of science (Grade 8-10)
- Scrutiny of content by IISc faculty
- Managing of SFRI YouTube channel – library of videos of experimental demonstrations
- Focus on creating more experimental demonstrations covering science topics from Grade 6-7 & 11-12.
Team Members: Adithi Udupa (Lead), Sajjan Raj Keshari, Asif Raza, Supreeth M
- Digital Kids Zone, 2021 : First digital science outreach event prompted by the pandemic, aimed to showcase science demonstrations using simple household items
- Language of the event: English
- No. of students attended: 75000+
- Learning – Most of the audience from urban schools with good knowledge of the English language
- Reachability of the content to rural areas – Content in regional languages
- Translate the already developed content (which is in English) to various regional languages.
- Organize an event for students’ participation in translating.
- Start with translation to two languages initially; Hindi and Kannada.
Team Members: Abhiyan Poudel (Lead), Aparna Anilkumar, Keerthi S, Visakh M G, Parth Khokani
Talk Series (Nurturing the Buds)
- To invite eminent personalities who have made significant contributions in the field of educational outreach and listen and learn from their experience.
- To motivate intellectual youth for outreach activities who will play a pivotal role in improving the quality of school education, especially rural education.
Team members: Anshul Shrivastava (Lead), Uzair Iqbal, Manasa Bhatt, Vibhuti Shastri, Prince Singh, Sukesh Tallupudi, Sudhansu Rathore
PAN India Networking
- Connect all science outreach groups present all over India.
- Exchange Ideas via a conference.
- Content sharing
- Create a communication network for Digital outreach
- Language translation to regional languages for existing content
- Collection of problems faced during outreach to aid future planning
- Promote the unique art and practices prevailing in Rural areas
- Help each other to grow together
- Upcoming collaborations: IISER – Tirupati (Unati), IIT-Ropar (Pehchan),
Moto of the Team: United we stand, Divided we fall.
Team Members: Anchal (Lead), Chetan, Sai, Tushar, Pragya
Mental Health & Career Guidance
- One in four Indian children in the 13-15 age group suffer from depression: WHO
- 50% of mental illnesses start by age 14.
- The training to handle emotions is missing in the current education, starting from the school level to post-graduation
- To create a miniature course (Mental Health First Aid) that provides basic knowledge about handling emotions for age 14- to 16, with the help of experts
Activities Planned: 3T Formula
- Teach: How to handle emotions scientifically and overcome them? Handling our failures, professional jealousy, insecurities, awareness about seeking mental health.
(Only 41% Young In India Seek Help For Battling Mental Health Issues)
- Tell inspiring Stories: Cases of individuals successfully overcoming major setbacks
- Test: student’s response to hypothetical situations
Team members: Akshaya Nikumbh (Lead), Anurag Chittawar, Gautam Revankar, Pravin Kumar, Pragya Mishra, Shalini S, Senji Laxme, Tanveen
Science Exploratory (in planning phase)
- Establishing permanent platform in IISc for the research community to communicate science to the unreached
- An exhibition space with simplified science experiments-
- to play with, operate, get amused, and learn
- Interact with demonstrators
- A classroom space-
- To conduct workshops/summer school for children, fun science games/competitions
- Quality improvement programmes for teachers
- Guidance for education opportunities and career paths
- A digital studio-
- To launch digital outreach sessions
- Audio and video recording facilities for better content creation and development
- Hosting online lectures and podcasts
Team members: Gautam(Lead), Manasa, Ashok